Monday, April 30, 2012

Racing for the Cure.....A Life Changed

This weekend, as I mentioned in my last post, was Race for the Cure here in NWA. I was able to complete my first 5k and for a great cause!! It was a little tiring at times but I finished :) There were tons of people there who were racing. Some were survivors, some where racing in honor of survivors, and others were racing in memory of a loved one. I have to say that I have a pretty amazing work family that woke up early Saturday to race or supported us if they couldn't be there! It was a great experience for sure.



And now for one very neat God story. I was on the way to the race and I stopped by a restaurant to grab some bagels for me and a friend. I was already in my race gear and had my "Rockn' for Roxanne" shirt on. While I pulled up to pay, the employee working the Drive Thru asked me what my shirt was all about. I shared with him a little bit of Roxanne's story. He told me that is just so sad. I told him that yes it was sad but that she was in heaven. I told him that she had a peace and that I have peace and comfort because I will see her again. I said God chose to take her to heaven and heal her and I was grateful she was no longer in pain. And then he said I want what you and Roxanne have...How do you get to heaven?.....yes really....that totally happened. I was so excited and I said well let me tell you. I then proceeded to share the gospel with him. And in a wonderful God moment I prayed with him to receive Jesus as his Lord and Saviour... in the drive through. WOW isn't God AMAZING!!

So, through the grace of God and Roxanne's story a life has been changed forever. Praise the Lord!

3 comments:

  1. That is stinking awesome! Proud of you sweet friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an incredible story, cassie! so proud of you for being open to the Spirit's leading and ready to speak truth. so so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Cassie and your heart! Thanks for being ready and making the most of every opportunity.

    ReplyDelete