Friday, November 2, 2012

Memo

I haven't blogged in a little while. I have been thinking about what I want to write about and I couldn't think of anything better than a tribute to my sweet sweet grandma. My Memo recently passed away. It wasn't a total surprise since she had Alzheimer's but it was still really hard to deal with. She was put in the ICU and then an hour later she was gone. My family and I left the next day and headed for Texas. One thing about funerals is that it brings people together. We had a lot of really good family time and had some good conversations remembering Memo.

My grandma was one of the sweetest people you will ever meet. She never met a stranger and she was always eager to help out in any she could. I would say that she was a great example of a Proverbs 31 woman. I am honored to call her my grandma. She did a lot of good and touched a lot of people's lives in the 81 years she was on this earth. She is missed dearly and I think of her often. I am so thankful that I will get to see her again in heaven.

One of the fun things that I got to do while I was there was sing with my cousins and my sister Chelsea. Joel played the guitar, Jonathan did vocals and guitar, and Chelsea and I did vocals. It was such a fun experience and blessing to sing with them. We sang 4 songs at the memorial service and two songs at the funeral. And I actually sang in Spanish!! I know that it was something that my Memo would have loved so much. At both the memorial service and the funeral it was like a worship service. All in all, even though it was really really hard at times, I spent a wonderful weekend with my family. I am blessed to have an amazing Godly family.


 This is one of my favorite pictures of my grandma
All the girl grandkids with Empo

All the boys

Story time with Empo after the funeral

The handsome Paul Bearers

All the girls with Empo

No comments:

Post a Comment