Monday, February 15, 2010

If you don't know I work for a non profit organization called Reality Check, Inc. we teach students truth, risk avoidance, healthy life skills, goal setting, and boundary setting. It is a great organization to work for and I am blessed to work here. One thing that we talk about with the students is abstinence. This is something very important that I myself have chosen as a path for my life. I have chosen Abstinence until marriage not only because it is medically the healthiest thing to do but also because that is what the Lord says in his word. This is one thing that "separates" me from the rest of the world. I have a lot of people tell me Oh my word you are 23 years old and you have not had sex yet! Like it is something shocking. For me this is something that I have chosen and I know that it is the best step for my life and for my future (relationships, marriage, family).

For this is the will of God, that you should be consecrated (separated and set apart for the pure and holy living): that you should abstain and shrink from all sexual vice, that each one of you should know how to posses (control manage) his own body in consecration (purity, separated from things profane) and honor, not [to be used] in the passion of lust like the heathen, who are ignorant of the true God and have no knowledge of His will. 1 Thessolonians 4:3-5 AMP

Shun immorality and all sexual looseness [flee from impurity in thought. word, or deed]. Any other sin which a man commits is one outside the body, but he who commits sexual immorality sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own, you were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then honor God and bring glory to Him in your body. 1Corinthians 6:28 AMP

Enough said right?!?! Each day I live for the Lord and as Christians we are suppose to live in the world but not be of the world. This is one of the ways that I am able to do that. Saving my sex for my marriage is very important to me and something that I feel very strongly about. This is why I take so much joy in working for Reality Check, Inc. Not only do I get to help kids set goals and make healthy life choices...I also get to teach them the importance of saving their sex for their marriage!



2 comments:

  1. So proud of you! Lance and I both were when we got married at 27 and 30! So worth they wait! We so believe in what you are doing with Reality Check! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this! Thank you for all your hard work. What a different you guys are making in the students lives. I love you!~

    ReplyDelete