Friday, February 5, 2010

One of my friends brought to my attention that I have not blogged in awhile. And she is right. So here we go :)

I'm leaving in just a few hours to head to Yukon, Oklahoma! A few friends and I are traveling to OK to help out with a DNOW at Nate and Whitney's new church. I'm really excited!

So here is how the Lord has been working in my life this past week or so. SANCTIFICATION. I taught some girls this curriculum my friend Camie made (Modest is Hottest). Good stuff.
Sanctification - a process of ongoing change
toward being holy that begins when
you accept Christ and never stops.

He has been showing me that His whole master plan I have been searching for ia sanctification. Through my walk with the Lord this has probably been one of the hardest yet one of the best things! Sometimes it feels like I'm running in a marathon and it's never going to end. Sometimes it feels like I'm climbing Mount Everest. But this is what separates me from the word. Sanctification is what makes me different. :) I have joy in striving to be like Christ with the realization that its never going to happen because I am not perfect. But trying none the less.

It's not something that should come and go it is a process that is continually happening. It never stops and this is what is constantly exercising my faith. The best part is I don't have to go through this process on my own . My God is there helping me every step of the way! (how awesome is that)

The sanctification process requires prayer, His word, and self-discipline. He uses these things to tell me where the land mines are.

One other thing that I have been thinking about is how God disciplines those that He loves so that our views can be corrected and readjusted toward holiness! His goal isn't to make me happy (being happy is the world's view of a good life) God's goal is to make me holy.

Holy= distinct, set apart; different from
the sinful world around you; being
God's, like God.

People who are holy live in a continual state of joy. Are they happy all the time....am I happy all the time...NO! But I am able to rejoice everyday because I am living for God and by God's word. Happiness that is based on things of this world comes and goes. The joy we get from the Lord is forever. The Lord wants us to be special to stand out and be different then the rest of the world. So my goal....sanctification.   

 


2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and have to tell you.. it feels so good to know I'm not alone! Thanks for blogging.
    In Christ,
    Cyndi Autrey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am in need of santification! I need to be redirected towards Holiness too! Thanks for the reminder! Keep on blogging! Love ya! You're doing a great job for the Lord!

    ReplyDelete