Monday, December 17, 2012

Weekend

The weekend for me started off pretty rough. I was so saddened about the shooting that occurred in Newtown, Connecticut. It just absolutely broke my heart. I cannot imagine what the family members of those who lost their lives that day felt. It made me cling to the fact that this horrible world is not my home. This weekend I counted my blessings, meditated on how thankful I was to be able to hug my mom and dad brother and sisters. My thoughts and prayers are with the families that lost daughters, sisters, brothers, sons, Mom's...

I actually ended up having a pretty nice weekend. I get off at 3 on Friday's and I got to spend the rest of the day hanging out with Parker. He's such a joy. Friday night consisted of game and Christmas movie night with friends. Frozen Hot Chocolate (which the boys did not understand ha!)  and then a sleepover with Jessica, Parker and Lori. Fun times :)





Saturday was sooo lazy. Jessica Parker and I laid around the whole morning/early afternoon. We didn't even eat lunch till 3:30. (one of those days...you know what I'm talking about) And of course what Saturday would not be complete without some shopping :).

Sunday was our last performance at church. It went absolutely beautifully. I didn't make it through one service without crying. So thankful that God sent is only son to be born in a manger, live a sinless life, and crucified on the cross for  MY sins. And so blessed in knowing that Jesus rose from the dead and He lives! Praise the Lord from whom all blessings flow :)

And of course the girls got together to watch one of our guilty pleasures. JP and Ashley's wedding. :) Looking forward to a great week ahead!

-Cassie

No comments:

Post a Comment