Monday, January 31, 2011

Perspective

Ok so this weekend I decided that I need to clean out my closet. Something that was way over due. The final total was I got rid of 14 trash bags of clothes and 47 pairs of shoes. As I was doing this I had this thought. Cassie you are INSANE. It just really put some things into perspective for me. It is absolutely ridiculous that I could get rid of all of that and still have a closet and dressers full of clothes and shoes. So I made a goal for myself. Not buying any clothes or shoes unless I need them this year. And let's be serious... with a closet full of clothes and 70+ pairs of shoes left...am I really gonna NEED anything? It made me realize how much money I was spending on useless things that mean absolutely nothing. So I am going to spend my money in more useful places. Donating, mission trips, etc. Thank you God for helping me realize this.

4 comments:

  1. so cool. i'll definitely check in to see how my sassie is doin' on this new commitment! you can do it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassie, I'm so proud of you! It's also neat to see the different ways you can wear your clothes (different combinations). You always look great. Miss you! We're gonna beat you in words with friends one of these times, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Proud of you Cassie! That's a big step I know! Mucho respect!

    ReplyDelete