Thursday, January 14, 2010

So my eyes are starting to get better. They are not even close to looking normal but progress people, we have progress! And no...I am not turning into a vampire!! This week has been a good one so far. American Idol started on Tuesday and it was pretty sad how excited I got about that haha. This season is especially special to me because this summer I tried out for American Idol! I didn't get to see the judges but I did sing for producers twice. It was such an awesome experience that I got to spend with two of my best friends. So when Dallas auditions come up look for me!

So the verse that I have been focusing on this week is "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your path straight." Proverbs 3:5-6 I have found this verse to be so challenging this week. I mean, do I trust in the Lord? Of course I do. But I realized that I also think I can do a lot of things on my own. There are times, more then I would like, where I don't even call out to the Lord to help me because I feel I have it all under control. And the fact of the matter is I don't. I don't want control I want the Lord to have complete and total control of every situation and every decision. There is no going wrong with that! And like one of my friends said earlier this week we need to lose control . I mean we see all these books talking about take control of your life. It makes it all about you. And they make you think it's all up to you to turn you life around....WAY OFF!! So something that I'm working on is losing control and giving it all to God. EVERYTHING.

oh and HAPPY BIRTHDAY JIMMY ALLEN :)






1 comment:

  1. Adam: "You can intimate the kids with your eyes"
    Kimber: Not only did you try out for American Idol this season but you are going to NEXT season too RIGHT!?! Thank you for the bible verse, always a great reminder! I love you!

    ReplyDelete